Night life in Istanbul is huge. There are many popular establishments — some aged over thirty years old and some very down to date. Being such a big city with several city centers, Istanbul has more than one entertainment destination.
On the Asian side Caddebostan “barlar sokağı” — a street of pubs on Iskele Street — and Kadife Street, both in the Kadıköy district, have a lot to offer. On the European side, nightclubs aren’t concentrated in one location. There are numerous venues spread out over Nişantaşı in the Şişli district, Ortaköy in the Beşiktaş district or Taksim, Istiklal Street and Nevizade in the Beyoğlu district. In this article I can only mention the tip of the iceberg with a list of 10 nightclubs locals put on the top of their lists, in no particular order.
Partying By the Water
- Sortie — An elite ambience, with a picturesque view of Istanbul located by the Bosphorus with a combination of six restaurants and 3 bars, open between 6 p.m. and 4 a.m. Sortie is one of the best escape places to relax and have fun.
Address: 141 Muallim Naci caddesi Kuruçeşme Ortaköy
Telephone: +90 212 327 85 85
- Ruby — Located on the shore of Bosphorus, it goes without saying that this three storey mansion offers a good view as well as a broad variety of food in the garden /balcony with Bosphorus panoramic views. There are two nightclubs, one on the bottom and one on the top floor.
Address: Ortaköy Salhanesi Sok. No:5 Ortaköy – Istanbul
Telephone: +90 212 327 28 44
In The City Center
- 360 — The venue is located in a penthouse of a 19th century apartment building with 360 degrees fascinating landscape views of the Bosphorus, Golden Horn and the Sea of Marmara. The place expresses itself with four elements: cuisine, design, entertainment and atmosphere. The club comes alive in the weekends, offering DJs and vocalists with live dancers and performances, and non-stop partying until the early morning hours.
Address: İstiklal Caddesi Mısır Apt. Kat 8 No:311 Beyoğlu
Telephone: +90 212 251 1042-43
- Babylon Bomonti — After more than fifteen years, Babylon moved in September 2015 from Asmalımescit to its new venue in Bominti. Babylon Bomonti still serves as a multi-purpose performance center. It features a large variety of music, including jazz, reggae, world music, electronic, Latin or Turkish vibes as well as indie pop and rock acts. Food is not available whereas you will not stay thirsty since there is a bar in the place. You must get a ticket for the concerts.
Address: Bomonti Bira Fabrikası, Birahane Sokak No:1 Bomonti, Şişli
Telephone: +90 212 334 01 90
- Jolly Joker Balans — A good option for the live music addicts since the construction was designed especially for live performances with a decor of “old pub design”. It is a good opportunity to experience Turkish rock, alternative and pop music from senior and fresh popular bands and singers.
Address: İstiklal Cad. Balo Sok. No: 22 Beyoğlu
Telephone : +90 212 249 0749
- Klein — If you are into decadent and kitsch decors, some kind of subterranean playground and suspended dancers, Klein is for you. Located within walking distance from Taksim square, this nightclub has a line-up of international an local DJs serving electronic, techno music.
Klein is open on Friday and Saturday from 23:00 till 04:00.
Address: Cumhuriyet Caddesi, Cebel Topu Sokak. No. 4, Harbiye
Telephone: +90 212 291 84 40